UGC NET Syllabus for Paper-1 | Important for Exam
UGC NET Syllabus for Paper-1
Below are UGC NET Syllabus from where UGC NET asked question for Qualifying NET Exam for JRF and Higher Education.
Unit-I Teaching Aptitude:-
1. Teaching Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory, Understanding and Reflective), Characteristics and basic requirements.
2. Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, Social, Emotional and Cognitive), Individual differences.
3. Factors affecting teaching related to Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment and Institution.
4. Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning Teacher centered vs. Learner centered. methods, Off-line vs. On-line methods (Swayam, Swayam-prabha, MOOCs etc.)
5. Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern and ICT based.
6. Evaluation Systems, Elements and Types of evaluation, Evaluation in Choice Based Credit System in Higher education, Computer based testing, Innovations in evaluation systems.
Unit-II Research Aptitude:-
1. Research Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism and Post-positivistic approach to research.
2. Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative and Quantitative methods.
3. Steps of Research.
4. Thesis and Article writing: Format and styles of referencing.
5. Application of ICT in research.
6. Research ethics.
1. A passage of text be given. Questions be asked from the passage to be answered.
1. Communication: Meaning, types and characteristics of communication.
2. Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group communications, Classroom communication.
3. Barriers to effective communication.
4. Mass-Media and Society.
2. Mathematical Aptitude :-
Unit-VI Logical Reasoning:- UGC NET Syllabus
Structure of categorical propositions
Mood and Figure
Formal and Informal fallacies
Uses of language
Connotations and denotations of terms
Classical square of opposition.
4. Venn diagram, Simple and multiple use for establishing validity of arguments.
5. Indian Logic :- Means of knowledge.
Shabda (Verbal testimony)
Arthapatti (Implication) and
6. Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasas (fallacies of inference)
Unit-VII Data Interpretation:- UGC NET Syllabus
2. Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart and Line-chart) and mapping of Data.
4. Data and Governance.
2. Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio and Video-conferencing.
4. ICT and Governance.
Unit-IX People, Development and Environment:- UGC NET Syllabus
Millennium development Goal, and Sustainable development goals.
2. Human and environment interaction, Anthropogenic activities and their impacts on environment.
Waste (solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic)
Climate change and its Socio-Economic and Political dimensions.
4. Impacts of pollutants on human health.
6. Natural hazards and disasters, Mitigation strategies.
National Action Plan on Climate Change
Unit-X Higher Education System:- UGC NET Syllabus
1. Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India.
2. Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India.
3. Oriental, Conventional and Non-conventional learning programmed in India.
4. Professional, Technical and Skill Based education.
5. Value education and environmental education.
6. Policies, Governance, and Administration.
Thank you and Best of Luck for ugc net exam preparation.