Environmental Protection Act 1986 Super for UGC NET
National Action Plan on Climate Change:-
The NAPCC’s primary organization is made up of eight “National Missions.” Increasing public awareness of climate change, its mitigation and adaptation, reducing energy consumption, and the protection of natural resources are their key goals.
The eight missions for Environmental Protection Act are:-
- National Solar Mission
- National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency
- National Mission on Sustainable Habitat
- National Water Mission
- National Mission for Sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem
- National Mission for a Green India
- National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture
- National Mission on Strategic Knowledge for Climate Change
- National Solar Mission:-
The National Solar Mission has received a lot of focus from the NAPCC. The mission’s goal is to extend the use of additional sources of renewable energy, The mission additionally presses for the beginning of a global research and development (R&D) initiative to investigate the development of less costly, environmentally friendly, and easily portable solar power systems.
2 National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency:-
The NAPCC additionally requests that Innovative methods to reduce the cost of energy-efficient equipment and goods for particular industries.
Creation of strategies for promoting demand side management initiatives with funding from public-private partnerships by securing future energy savings.
Creating monetary incentives for the inclusion of different tax on energy-efficient approved equipment is one way to encourage energy efficiency.
3 National Mission on Sustainable Habitat:-
The Mission employs three strategies to increase the sustainability of ecosystems, which are as follows:-
- Enhancements to the energy efficiency of homes and businesses
- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Management
- Encouragement the uses of Public Transportation
4 National Water Mission:-
The National Water Mission aims to save water, increase fair distribution, and minimize waste by implementing a holistic approach to managing water resources. The Water Mission will develop an approach to achieve a 25% increase in water use efficiency.
To deal with the variations in rainfall and river flows, various strategies need to be implemented, such as enhancing the storage of surface water, gathering rainwater, and installing improved irrigation methods like sprinklers or drip irrigation.
5 National Mission for Sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem:-
The Plan proposes for giving neighborhoods, primarily Panchayats, more authority to manage ecological resources. Additionally, it clarifies the following actions that were included in the National Environment Plan 2006.
- Implementing suitable watershed management and land-use planning strategies to support the long-term growth of mountain ecosystems
- Implementing standards of excellence when building infrastructure in mountainous areas to prevent or reduce harm to delicate ecosystems and landscape degradation
- Encouraging the growth of traditional varieties of crops and horticulture through the promotion of organic farming, which allows farmers to command a higher price
- Encouraging multi-stakeholder partnerships and best practices in sustainable tourism to help local communities improve their standard of living
- Create policies in place to control the number of tourists entering mountain areas in order to prevent the ecosystem’s carrying capacity from being exceeded
- Creating techniques of conservation for specific mountain scopes that have special incomparable values
6 National Mission for a Green India:-
The goal of this mission is to improve ecological services like sinks for carbon. It expands upon the national goal of raising the area covered by forests.
The Prime Minister’s Green India initiative, aiming for the reforestation of 6 million hectares.
7 National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture:-
The objective is to discover new crop categories, particularly those that can endure heat, and replace farming strategies with the goal to boost Indian agriculture’s ability to resist climate change.
This will be reinforced by new banking processes, information technology, biotechnology, and the integration of traditional knowledge and practical technologies.
8 National Mission on Strategic Knowledge for Climate Change:-
The mission will encourage to develop innovative technologies for climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Through various protocols, these entities will collaborate and conduct research with the international community in the advancement of technology.
UGC NET Exam preparation :- Click Here